[pmwiki-users] Delete pages are still listed by (:pagelist...:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 4 12:43:30 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 06:47:12PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> Bah... I finally figured it out. Not sure if this is a bug.
>
> In my case I hadn't really deleted the page, but instead moved them into a
> new subdirectory of wiki.d/ called 'deleted'. The somewhat surprising
> result to me was that (:pagelist:) found these pages....
>
> Should (:pagelist:)  automatically look in all subdirectories of wiki.d?
> (It's a good behaviour if you do use subdirectories, but maybe it should
> be controlled via some variable?)

My approach has been to move deleted pages into a directory that isn't
within wiki.d/ .

Another option is to change permissions on the deleted/ subdirectory
to 700, so that the webserver doesn't have permission to read it.

Because of the ability to organize wiki.d/ into separate directories
for each group (as well as a lot of other organization possibilities),
I think we need to retain the setting to automatically search
subdirectories of wiki.d/, especially since there are a number of
other ways to prevent it from happening.