[pmwiki-users] InterMap use.

a.steenveld at id.umcn.nl a.steenveld at id.umcn.nl
Thu Mar 2 17:27:46 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm playing around with markers within a page for jumping to the top and bottom of a page.

First I tried [[#top]] and 'Jump to [[#top | top]]' constructions. It works, but too much typing to my taste.

Then I tried it withInterMap shortcut TOP:  {$PageUrl}#top thinking that a reference TOP: would be sufficient (just to save a few keystrokes, yes I'm lazy.) To my suprise my last version does not work.

Next I tried shortcut JUMP:  {$PageUrl}#  with reference JUMP:top. And in the same sence it gives me JUMP:bottom. That both works but is still too much typing to my taste and, in a sence, does not look 'right'. To give it a nice appearance in the text I need to do things like [[JUMP:top | top]] etc.

I noticed two things:
 - In general InterMap shortcuts will not work when used 'naked' (such as in TOP:)
 - An InterMap shortcut always results in an external link even when it is a reference to the same page!

Is there a way to let naked InterMap links work?
And is there an optimalisation possible to have references on the same page just do that (and prevent the reload of the whole page).

-- Andre Steenveld.