[pmwiki-users] Newbie chmod 777 installation question

Craig Watson ccwatson1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:48:35 CST 2006

Hi,

Apologies in advance as I am real newbie with respect to unix and admin tasks.

I have just installed (successfullly!) pmwiki on my hosted webspace
and needed to do the chmod 777 (step 3a) on the wiki.d directory for
the installation to work.
What I wanted to understand was if I should revert the  permissions
back now the install has occured or if they need to remain like that
for pmwiki to be able to continue updated that directory as I edit the
wiki?

Best Regards

Craig