[pmwiki-users] Setting and Using Properties

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Mar 1 14:06:02 CST 2006

Hi all!

I'm brand new to PmWiki, but love it so far!  It's just what I have
been looking for, and more. I'll be switching several websites over as
fast as I can.

I'm trying to write a php script which saves the user supplied data
from some form into a flat-file as a series of field=value pairs,
named someauthid.txt.  (One file for each user). Then I want to write
a script which allows me to access one or more of those fields and use
conditional statements, to control PmWiki behavior depending on the
user. Some kind of markup code would be ideal, but I'm not sure the
best way to go about doing this.

I'm not great with php, but think I can handle the first script.  What
I'm really looking for is some recommendations about the best way to
go about doing the second part . I looked at the cookbook.properties
recipe for ideas, but it's not clear to me how it works, or that it
would help for this.

By the way, I'll be uploading a simple recipe I developed just using
standard out-of-the-box PmWiki functionality that makes it possible
for a webmaster to completely automate the creation of member
profiles, user news, messaging, and buddylists for a sites members
area. Works beautifully. And demonstrates well the versatility and
power of PmWiki's structure.

Thanks again to everyone for all their hard work in making this
software available.  Cheers!

Caveman