[pmwiki-users] Putting ".html" extensions onto pages

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:24:40 CST 2006

On 3/1/06, Mikael Nilsson <mini at nada.kth.se> wrote:
> > Why do this?  Well, for normal interactive sites, it's not needed.
> > But some people feel more comfortable seeing page names with ".html"
> > in the url, and it also enables more possibilities for creating
> > off-line, static copies of pages on the site that can still be
> > navigated by a browser.
>
> I must say I really don't understand the rationale at all. Millions and
> millions of sites don't use .html at all. How can anyone be
> uncomfortable with that (okay, in 1992 that would have been strange, but
> 2006...)? Please enlighten me :-)

This is a good reason to add it as an optional local customization.  I
would likely enable this, if only because URL presentation is
important to me.  It doesn't matter why -- it's just something I'd
like to do, if possible.  And if PmWiki can do it, it's another reason
to sing its praises.  I vote yes!  :-)

Ryan