[pmwiki-users] Trying to use SimplePageCounter and or DownloadManager

W.E.Taylor weconsul at ptd.net
Thu Jun 29 15:16:45 CDT 2006

Sorry, I am new to pmwiki. and php. I just want to use the
SimplePageCounter and or DownloadManager.. I am following the simple
instruction to no avail.. What am I doing wrong?

For both I added  their reference to my config.php:

  include_once('cookbook/downloadman.php');
  include_once('cookbook/counter.php');

1 - I want to use the DownloadManager. So I move the script to this
location.

     htdocs\pmwiki-2.1.11\cookbook\download.php
     htdocs\pmwiki-2.1.11\cookbook\download_info.php

    I have my down loadable file here:
     htdocs\pmwiki-2.1.11\pub\downloads\JBookMarkApp\JBookMarkApp.zip

    So, this works (It downloads):

[[http://localhost//pmwiki-2.1.11/pub/downloads/JBookMarkApp/JBookMarkApp.zip
| Download ]] File Here (2.89 MB)

    I have tried the following plus attach: to use the DownloadManager
but none work: Not sure how to reference the file to be downloaded.
     [[attach:JBookMarkApp.zip]]
     [[Download:JBookMarkApp.zip]]

[[Download:http://localhost//pmwiki-2.1.11/pub/downloads/JBookMarkApp/JBookMarkApp.zip
| Download ]] File Here (2.89 MB)
     [[Download:Main.NoPage
http://localhost//pmwiki-2.1.11/pub/downloads/JBookMarkApp/JBookMarkApp.zip
| Download File]] Here (2.89 MB)

 2 - Also I want to use the SimplePageCounter. So I move the script to
this location.
     htdocs\pmwiki-2.1.11\cookbook\counter.php

This is what I have to display it and it is not working..?

     This page has been visited {$PageCount} times.

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA              http://weconsultants.phpnet.us

-William E. Taylor,  Regular Guy (1952-)