[pmwiki-users] Having difficult with .htaccess files

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 29 08:53:00 CDT 2006

On 6/29/06, Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:
> phenotype schrieb:
> > # Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
> > RewriteEngine On
> > # Define the rewrite base.
> > RewriteBase /wiki
> > # Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
> > RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
> > # Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
> > RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
> > # Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
> > RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]
> >
> > The /wiki directory is in my site root (/var/www/html/), and I want
> > the wiki to appear at the /wiki directory, as you can tell.
>
> Ah, the standard recipe doesn't cover that.

Are you sure?  The reason I ask is because I think I have CleanUrls
working very similarly for several wikis in a farm setup and I recall
using the standard recipe when I configured them.  I'll check next
time I get the chance.

Maybe a better question is:  What specifically is missing from the
recipe that would cover that?

Hagan