[pmwiki-users] Robustness of PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jun 25 22:02:41 CDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 01:30:20PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Maybe it's indeed best to set up RewriteCond directives to prevent the
> more frequent spiders from retrieving edit (and, of course, other
> similar) pages.
> (I still don't *like* that solution. It's far too much manual
> intervention for my taste. But it may well be the most effective one.)

PmWiki's built-in robot control does this by default -- of course,
by the time PmWiki gets around to it some of the expense (loading
and compiling the php scripts) has already taken place, which is why
having it in the webserver config is a bit better.  But even leaving it
for PmWiki to handle is still much better than rendering pages or
retrieving page data that isn't going to be used.  :-)