[pmwiki-users] More

fjumaqu02 at sneakemail.com fjumaqu02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:21:21 CDT 2006

OS: Win2003

PMWiki 2.1.11

I am having problems similar to those detailed by Jen Gagne last week.

I am able to use the admin, read, edit, and upload username/password pairs.  But anything else, is not recognized.

To test, I've kept things very simple. In the config, I have these lines:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('secret');

$EnableUpload = 1;

$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('upload');

$DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('read');

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('edit');

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

In the Site.AuthUser, I simply copied the examples:

alice: (:encrypt wonderland:)

bob: (:builder:)

I have used read and edit passwords because I want only certain people to be able to see this wiki and only a small number to edit it.

I would rather use the internal password system rather than the other methods if at all possible, but I am at my wit's end at trying to figure out what is wrong.

-Dave