[pmwiki-users] Yet Another CleanUrl Problem

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Mon Jun 19 10:50:57 CDT 2006

> It looks to me as though mod_rewrite isn't having any effect;
> this could be because mod_rewrite is disabled or because the
> Apache server isn't currently configured to recognize and
> process .htaccess files.
>
> Based on what you're seeing I'm inclined to think it's the latter.

You are quite right. I had changed the server directive in / to
AllowOverride All, then lower down in the conf file I had /var/www set
to AllowOverride None.

Since they both point to the same directory, the second directive was
the one taking effect. I had better put this gun away before I blow a
hole in my other foot:)

Ian.