[pmwiki-users] Problem wih Include Directives

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 16 21:49:11 CDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 09:40:49AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:14:56PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> > I would prefer {==$Title} since there is no "previous" nor "next"
> > notions implied in includes contrary to pagelists or trails.
>
> Well, I don't like {==$Title} so much because it's too similar to
> {=$Title}, and an opportunity for typos.  On the other hand, it could
> build on the {=$Title} idea, meaning "The currently included page's
> value" just as in pagelist {=$Title} means "The currently listed page's
> value".

There's an inherent collision if we use {=$Title} to mean
"name of the included page", because the way that pagelist
templates are obtained is by using the same code that handles
the (:include:) markup.  So, there'd be a conflict in wondering
if {=$Title} is being used to refer to the current page in the
pagelist, or the name of the (included) page containing the pagelist
template.

It could be worked around, yes, but I think I'd prefer to keep
the two uses entirely separate and have separate markups for them.