[pmwiki-users] (:noaction:) Missing in action

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Jun 15 15:56:46 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:24:01AM +0100, marc wrote:
>>(:noaction:) - markup for removing the page actions, I presume - seems
>>to be 'missing'. It is mentioned in the Markup Master Index, and there
>>is a <!--PageActionFmt--> tag in the pmwiki.tmpl.
>>
>>Switching off page actions globally is easy enough, but I would like to
>>use this markup for some pages.
>>
>>What's the story behind this elusive markup?
>
> I think I forgot to commit it to the distribution.
> Do we still need it?

For now just:
Markup('noaction', 'directives',
        '/\\(:noaction:\\)/ei',
        "SetTmplDisplay('PageActionFmt',0)");

in your config.php should do it.
(that's what I do)

I've also added my own customizations using this
technique.

I find it useful... but I also found doing my own
implementation easy enough... probably (:noaction:) needs
to be in the core since there's references in the
templates that come with PmWiki... just my opinion.