[pmwiki-users] email notification of page changes (watchlists)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 11:05:04 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 08:56:59AM +0100, Marc Cooper wrote:
> The new notify function is a terrific start. Now, of course, comes the
> wish-list. First, a few questions:
>
> * Is it possible to 'watch' a Group via the user's profile page? If so,
> what is the syntax.

At the moment, no.  I need a good syntax for it on the user's trail.

> * Is it possible to adjust a user's squelch via their profile page?

At the moment, no.  I need a good syntax for it on the user's trail.

> * Is there a plan for a 'watch this page' action? Or is this better done
> through a recipe?

There's a plan for a 'watch this page' recipe, but I don't have an
estimated time frame for it.  The general idea is that there ought to
be a link that when activated automatically adds the current page
to the visitor's designated watchlist trail page.

There are a number of places where having a core function to "add
content to an existing page" will be useful, so that will probably
be introduced to the core fairly soon.  I just haven't completely
decided how that function should look yet.