[pmwiki-users] PmCalendar 1.0rc8

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Sat Jun 10 09:42:35 CDT 2006

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:16:25PM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
>>Kathryn Andersen wrote:
>>>I tried this out, with your ACAL stuff for Anniversary calendars, and
>>>I'm getting lots of error messages, because of places in the code which
>>>are expecting the $year to be a number, where instead it is 'ACAL'.
>>>It may have something to do with the fact that I'm using PHP5, which
>>>could well be more fussy about such things.
>>Hmmm... I use php5 as my test platform.  I didn't see anything.
>>Can you give any more specifics??
>
> Okay -- I may have simply misunderstood how one is supposed to use the
> ACAL feature.  This is what I've done:
>
> a) create a new group, Annual
> b) create Annual/GroupFooter with the following content:
>
>         (:pmcal year=ACAL:)
>
> c) Save and display, say, Annual/Annual and I get error messages such as the following:
>
>         Warning: mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given
> in /home/kat/kat_web/pmwiki/cookbook/pmcal.php on line 635

Hmmm... the error message certainly seems to make sense.  I have not
seen the message on my own php5 based systems (I have several at
various version levels of php5).

I'll have to look into what it would take to correct this...
Probably what I'll do is substitute $tyear (the year of today)
if $year is ACAL for those calls.

I'm thinking you might be running php 5.1... looks like some
behavioral changes happened there (sigh).