[pmwiki-users] New recipe, PmFeed 0.01

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Tue Jun 6 20:47:03 CDT 2006

Allister Jenks wrote:
> Just out of interest, can you please explain the fundamental
> differences between this recipe and the other RSS ones?  Also, are you
> aware of the PMinlineRSS one I adapted from a WordPress plugin?  I
> don't think I got it into the cookbook correctly, but the page is
> there.

Not sure there's a difference... that why I said "yet another
rss feed displayer"...

> Not saying any recipe is better than any other - just intrigued to
> know what people want from this stuff and whether it would be worth
> spending some time on my recipe (given half a chance).
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/InlineRSS

I think folks should try them all out...

lastRSS isn't known to be the best feed class... Magpie
is know to be the best right now.  It's just when I went
to implement pmfeed, I couldn't reach the sourceforge
server to look at magpie :)

So... here we are... (or here I am.. whatever)...

> Would appreciate if someone could clean it up so it appears in the
> main Cookbook page - I did what I did to add a previous recipe but it
> didn't work.

Give it another try.... I know I edited the page without
problem.