[pmwiki-users] Blog, multiple entries per day

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:19:47 CDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Andy Kaplan-Myrth <andy1 at kaplan-myrth.ca> wrote:
> I currently use Kind-ofBlog with PmWiki. Blog entries are on pages named
> with the date, like Blog.20060606. Multiple entries on a single day all
> end up on the same page, with new ones on top. This works for the
> blogdigest, which properly shows all blog entries in a list. But it
> would be better to let each blog entry have its own permalink, not only
> to the day when it was posted, but to just that entry.
>
> Here's my conceptual solution: Blog entries on a date would be numbered:
> Blog.20060606-1, Blog.20060606-2, Blog.20060606-3, etc. The digest would
> include each of them in order. The calendar would provide a link if
> Blog.20060606-1 exists, and link to a pagelist page if more than one
> entry existed for a given date.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm a tweaker, not a coder, so this is beyond me for the
> time being. Can anybody who knows KoB better say whether something like
> this can be implemented? Would another blogging cookbook handle this
> better?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Hello, I maintain KOB.  A lot of people are unsatisfied with the way
KOB currently handles multiple posts.  It's one of many complaints /
suggestions that I've collected over the past few months.  With summer
here, I should have time to address a lot of these issues.  Right now
though, I've got a few more projects to finish up.

Ideally, I would like to deal away with timestamped page names
altogether.  I think the new features introduced in PmWiki v2.1 should
make this a lot easier.  Failing that, something like what you suggest
would work too.  So to answer your question: yes it can be
implemented.  In fact, I'd like to work on it.  Unfortunately I have a
few projects (due by the end of June) to finish up.

Ryan