[pmwiki-users] Edit preview and page view can render Profiles link differently

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 2 10:04:06 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 09:46:32AM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-06-02  09:27 AM -0400, Curtis, Clayton is rumored to have said:
> >While working my way through the various pages on AuthUser, I
> >happened to notice that Hagan Fox's profile link in the Contributors
> >section of the AuthUser page
> >(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser) was "undefined"
> >(i.e., wanted to generate a new page).  So, wanting to contribute as
> >a low-level sanitation worker, I went to try to "fix" it and
> >discovered that it renders just fine in the Preview.
>
> I don't have an answer for Clayton, but I did look at the AuthUser
> page and it appears to need some updating and clean up.

Actually, I'm wondering if Cookbook.AuthUser simply needs to be
deleted.  In March I migrated most of the information from the
Cookbook.AuthUser page into PmWiki.AuthUser and cleaned up the
information as I performed the migration.  But I didn't go back
and do anything with Cookbook.AuthUser.

I don't know if Cookbook.AuthUser has any information in it
that isn't already covered by PmWiki.AuthUser.  It would be
helpful if someone could do a quick check.  But clearly the
bulk of Cookbook.AuthUser can be eliminated altogether,
since it's now in the distribution docs and being maintained there.