[pmwiki-users] help: Google not indexing the entire site

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Thu Jun 1 21:38:07 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 08:25:24AM +1200, Allister Jenks wrote:
> > My site has been online since April 19th and I still don't even get a
> > mention in Google.  We're at least in Yahoo! and MSN by now.  MSN was
> > quickest at about 3 weeks, Yahoo! only after about 5 weeks, Google at
> > about 7 weeks and counting...
>
> Once again, what's the url?  We can't help diagnose why sites might
> be taking long to appear on Google if we don't have a url to look at.

It's at http://www.notjuststamping.com/

But I wasn't asking for an analysis - not that I would mind if anyone
did.  I was just pointing out that it takes time for Google to get
around to you.  If you weren't prepared for indexing the first time
around, no amount of changes is going to help you in the short term -
you'll have to wait again.

I have heard tell that Google is 'full' and that various sites are
bringing lawsuits (only in America) because their rankings are
dropping 'precipitously' and they are blaming this on a Google
'filling up' and that in turn I think was based on a comment from one
of the Google folks.  All unresearched, but heard on a reputable
podcast.

--
Allister