[pmwiki-users] (:description:) and (:include:)

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 17:08:30 CDT 2006

Hi there,

When (:include:)ing a page, the (:title:) and (:description:) tags
work differently.  I think it's already been mentioned that it's a
problem how including other pages can cause funny things to happen
when, for example, the (:title:) markup on an included page changes
the title for the current page.

But the two markups work differently.  With (:title:) you can simply
add another (:title:) markup to the end of the page in question to
reverse the effect, but with (:description:) the various descriptions
are added together to create one big mishmash of descriptions.

So, for example, I have on my Home Page several blog entries
(individual pages) included via a pagelist.  Each blog entry has a
(:title:) and (:description:) entry of its own.  There are five
included on the home page, plus the home page has it's own title and
description.  So in the end my description metatag is cluttered with 6
different descriptions.

Is there any way to avoid this in a quick fix?  Is there the
possibility of fixing the overarching problem?

Jon