[pmwiki-users] notify.php and farms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 1 11:13:08 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 11:55:09AM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
>    If I understand correctly,  "$EnableNotify" is meant to replace
>    $EnableMailPosts and is configured in the Site.NotifyList page.
>
>    In a farm, the "$EnableNotify way" allowed to have a mail sent for changes
>    in any field.  The new approach seems to prevent that by using the data in
>    Site.NotifyList page for each field.
>
>    Is there a way to be informed of changes in any field of a farm using
>    $EnableNotify ?  If no, could it be implemented in the future ?

Now implemented in 2.1.8 (just released).  In addition to using the
Site.NotifyList page, an administrator can add entries to the
$NotifyList array, thus the following sends notifications
to alice at example.com and bob at example.com, even if the Site.NotifyList
page doesn't exist.

    $EnableNotify = 1;
    $NotifyList[] = 'notify=alice at example.com';
    $NotifyList[] = 'notify=bob at example.com squelch=86400';

If the above is placed in local/farmconfig.php, then alice at example.com
and bob at example.com will receive notifications for all wikis in the
farm.  (They will still receive separate notification emails for
each wiki, however.)

Does that help?