[pmwiki-users] UserAuth and login problems

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 07:26:08 CDT 2006

When I tried UserAuth, some time/some versions ago, one of its
limitations was that it did not work and play well with the passwords
set via ?action=attr.  I needed to edit the page-files in wiki.d on
the server to remove all references to attributes.

One of the frustrating things about it, too, was that the conflicts
only kicked in when logged in as a user.  When logged in as an admin,
as I usually was, everything seemed ok.

[Another problem that users had but admins didn't was the fact that
clicking on the group-name in the breadcrumbs above each page didn't
take one to the default page (HomePage or GroupPage) of that
wikigroup, but brought up a login page or an "Insufficient privileges
to perform action" error.]

Either or both of these may have been fixed by now, but they may be
things to look out for.

HTH