[pmwiki-users] Custom Markup for Rollover

Paul Johnston paul at pjnetsolutions.com
Fri Jul 14 07:36:08 CDT 2006

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
 > Hmmmm.  (shakes head sadly)  That is *so* 1990's...

:) I know - not my design but I'm stuck with it.

 > What might be easier would be to
 > (a) forget the rollovers and just use CSS a:hover properties to make the
 > links change appearance on mouseover.

:) Right - it would be easier, and I've got no issue with that
whatsoever.  However - if the client to be able to create their own
rollovers, and they don't understand CSS... you're in trouble.  They can
create images though, and want to be able to edit the sections with the
rollovers in.

So basically, to make a "user-editable" rollover, I'm pretty certain you
need a custom markup. Yes/No?

 > You could put the CSS in a local.css page (or make your own skin if you
 > were intending to do so anyway).

If I'm "wiki-ising" a site, then I'm creating a new skin (surely). :)
But again - maybe not explained clearly enough.

Maybe I could create some custom CSS instead of trying to create a link?

Paul