[pmwiki-users] Menu-option questions..

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Jul 10 05:53:01 CDT 2006

Ben said...

> I'd like to know if (and how) it is possible to create a pmwiki site
> in place of this site's usage of menu entries:
>
> http://www.de-bezieling.nl/
>
> It basically has a new left-submenu for each option at the top,
> and each submenu entry loads a different page.
>
> Can this be done using pmwiki with this same layout remaining in tact?
> I want to rebuild this site so that it becomes a wiki.

Yes, you can do this - you can do pretty much anything in PmWiki, so
that's no a surprise.

Off the top of my head, I'd do something like this: create a group for
each top-menu item - if that makes sense to you - then create a group
sidebar entry for each group. Then either change your template to always
use the group template, or remove the group sidebar option and embed the
group sidebar in the site sidebar. e.g. In skin .tmpl

    <!--wiki:$SiteGroup.SideBar-->

then in site.sidebar

  (:if !group site :)
  (:include {$Group}.sidebar:) (:if:)

In addition, you also have the option of hard-coding the group sidebar
links in group.sidebar (i.e. [[Group.PageOne]]), or using pagelist via
something like

  %sidehead% [[Marc]]
  (:pagelist link=Category.MarcHeadings fmt=#title order=title:)

then adding the category link to appropriate pages - you can hide the
link in the page.

Of course, you don't have to use sidebar at all, but could use floating
divs. So many ways :-)

--
Best,
Marc