[pmwiki-users] Outdented List Items?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Fri Jul 7 14:59:33 CDT 2006

Pico wrote:
> Stirling Westrup wrote:
>> I would like for multi-line items in my sidebar to indent the second and
>> following lines. For a simple paragraph, one would just use outdent
>> markup, but the sidebar items are in a list, and are being generated by
>> a pagelist template. I have no idea how to achieve this simply.
>>

> Are you sure you can't just use outdent markup in a pagelist template
> (instead of bullets).  For example:
>
> [[#sidedesc]]
> (:if ! equal {<$Group} {=$Group}:)
> %sidehead%[[{=$Group}]]
> (:if:)
> -<[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}]] %font-size=smaller
> font-style=italic%{=$Description}%%\\
> [[#sidedescend]]

My attempt to do exactly what you have above looked hideous because the
skin I'm using assumes that sidebars will contain list items. I'd have
to find and modify the CSS for sidebar outdented paragraphs to try to
make them look like list items, and that would include somehow figuring
out the default indentation of a list.

It seems like a lot of work for a small gain, and I'm not sure there's a
cross-browser way to ensure list-indentation and paragraph-indentation
line up consistently.