[pmwiki-users] DownloadManager recipe problem

W.E.Taylor weconsul at ptd.net
Fri Jul 7 13:19:31 CDT 2006

DownloadManager recipe problem I am having is that I can not get it to
work. I am new to pmWiki. The instructions are very clear but no
success. Can can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Environment:
Windoze SP XP 2
PHP 5.1.4
pmWiki 2.1.11

The changes I have made for DownloadManager:
- added C:\pmwiki\cookbook\downloadman.php
- added to config.php

    include_once('cookbook/downloadman.php');
    $UploadMaxSize = 1000000;

This "Download:filename.ext" is the download statement I should use to
get it to track download counts.

The location\file of the file for user download is this:

C:\ProjectsPHP\weconsultants.phpnet.us\pub\downloads\JBookMarkApp\JBookMarkApp.zip

1 - This link works for user to download zip file. (before DownloadManager)

[[http://localhost//weconsultants.phpnet.us/pub/dowloads/JBookMarkApp/JBookMarkApp.zip
| Download ]] File Here (2.89 MB)

2 - I get this screen message "Attachments for Main.WikiSandbox" when I
try any of the following formats:

Download:JBookMarkApp.zip

[[Attach:Main.NoPage

[[Download:http://localhost//weconsultants.phpnet.us/pub/dowloads/JBookMarkApp/JBookMarkApp.zip
| Download File]] Here (2.89 MB)

Download:[[http://localhost//weconsultants.phpnet.us/pub/dowloads/JBookMarkApp/JBookMarkApp.zip
| Download File]] Here (2.89 MB)

If I enter the correct information, on the Upload screen, and select
upload I get this error:

JBookMarkApp.zip: file is larger than maximum allowed by web server

Not sure what is going on..

Is it correct  that I should do  the following:

1 - use this format: Download:JBookMarkApp.zip
2 - Enter the information on the "Attachments " screen and select
"UPLOAD". By doing this pmWiki is building references for subsequent
uploaded? I just need to fix my Apache server?

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA              http://weconsultants.phpnet.us

-William E. Taylor,  Regular Guy (1952-)