[pmwiki-users] Line breaks in links: Why not allowed?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Mon Jul 3 02:09:05 CDT 2006

At Sat, 1 Jul 2006 07:27:20 -0500,
Tegan Dowling wrote:
> Typically, a line-break terminates the kind of markup in which text is
> bracketed with some kind of paired symbols, so this behavior is
> consistent with other PmWiki behavior.

This behavior sucks IMHO: For example, when editing PMwiki source code
in EMACS, one cannot really use autofill mode because it does not know
how to properly line-break PMwiki markup.  Furthermore, I don't see any
advantage from a usability point of view, but maybe I am not aware of
certain critical cases.

--
Felix E. Klee