[pmwiki-users] Simple Forum -- Can't create new posts

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:43:32 CST 2006

On 1/28/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 12:15:59AM +0000, Hans wrote:
> > And re: number of posts: i have not found a method for this.
>
> It can probably be done with SaveAttributes and some additional
> pattern mangling, but you're right that it's not "built-in" to
> PmWiki.

Maybe there's something that could be adapted from the code for the other
comments extension, at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Comments.

OR maybe not.

That recipe has some code in it that lets me put this in the skin's .tmpl
file:
class="unselected">Comment: <!--function:DisplayCommentsCount -->
comment(s), below</a>

(I'd be glad to learn how to use the "function:DisplayCommentsCount"
somewhere other than in the .tmpl file, btw)

Output is "Comment: # comment(s), below" (where # is the count).

Just a thought.

Tegan