[pmwiki-users] $PageUrl not being parsed

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 09:11:58 CST 2006

On 1/28/06, Ryan D'Baisse <ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. HOW TO REMOVE 'HOME PAGE' FROM TOPIC LISTING?
> When someone visits the forum, they always see the Home Page as the
> first topic.  This is confusing.  Is there any way to suppress this?
> Maybe add text to the page for "No topics in this forum yet" if that
> is the only page?

I just installed SimpleForum on a wiki running V2.0.12.

On the HomePage of my forum's wikigroup, I changed the (:pagelist...:) to
specify link=forum. So along with including commentboxstyled.php and
forumstyled.php in the SimpleForum section, near the bottom of my config.php,
I have
         $SearchPatterns['forum'][] =
'!\.(All)?Recent(Changes|Uploads|Comments)$!';
          $SearchPatterns['forum'][] =
'!\.Group(Print)?(Header|Footer|Attributes)$!';
         $SearchPatterns['forum'][] = '!\.HomePage$!';
         $SearchPatterns['forum'][] = '!\.SideBar$!';
which you see expands on the code for link=normal, additionally excluding
.HomePage and .SideBar from the list of forum topic pages.

The approach of defining link=forum allows you to explicitly exclude all
wikigroup pages that aren't actually topic pages.

Another tweak I made was to put (:nogroupfooter:) at the top of my
RecentChanges page, since a visitor might see that page and be confused by
the forum's form.