[pmwiki-users] "roles" or "authorization groups" (was password questions)

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:55:03 CST 2006

On 1/26/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Yes, roles are supported, although we've been calling them
> "authorization groups".  Perhaps "role" is a better term.

[snip]

I think you may be on to something here. User groups or wiki groups?
Half the time I can't tell what people are talking about. If we can
keep things down to only one kind of group, that would help.

Perhaps a quick note in the 'roles' docementation for those who expect
the term 'groups' and a faq to point everyone in the right direction
would sufice. Otherwise, stick with the 'roles' term.

How about it? Anyone else have any input.
--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com