[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta21 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 27 14:03:14 CST 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 01:50:48PM -0600, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>    I'd really like to be able to update my wikis from 2.0.12 to one that
>    includes the new AuthUser, RSS and wildcard functionality, but whatever I
>    next update to, I'd like it to be stable enough that I could hold there
>    for a while.  Do you ever try, during the beta development process, to
>    release a few that just implement a bugfixes without adding new functions,
>    as a way to create a fairly bugfree between-real-realease version?
>
>    If you normally don't, is it something you'd consider?  (Is there a better
>    way to express this?) Is this a reasonable question, or does it pretty
>    much conflict with the point of beta development?

It sorta goes against the point of beta development.  However, getting
the 404 Page Not Found implementation and the ability to have wildcarded
names were the last really big items needed for the 2.1 release.
The remaining items -- see PITS:00565 -- are all relatively minor
in terms of stability.

(I'm still hoping to get blogging and page comments integrated really
soon, but I think those can happen independently of the 2.1 release.)

So, I would expect the next few releases to be primarily bug fixes,
documentation updates, and minor improvements, and then 2.1.0
should come out after that (and be fairly stable).  And I don't
have any plans for another beta series for quite some time.

However, there's one last item I'd like to clean up while we're
in beta (see next message).