[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org seems slow today btw

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:10:43 CST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:

> I'm very sorry to hear about that. Afair this was my first recipe and I
> was just a php beginner back then. The script grows organicaly and the
> code is a mess now and needs to be rewritten.

Oh, don't worry about it - Pm should have some difficult issues to figure
out ;-)

Perhaps it would make sense to activate recipes in a separate field, or
perhaps even a separate field for each recipe?

> But this brings up an other point: I do not upload recipts anymore,
> because people expect that original author maintains the recipt through
> all the PmWiki updates. This is understandable, but not always possible.

I agree, but it should be enough to put a disclaimer on the recipe page.

> I for one miss some kind of Hack or Snippet section where you can
> exchange code snippets or non production/recipt quality code.

Well, why not start such a section? It could either just be a page(s)  in
the Cookbook, or a separate group.

/Christian