[pmwiki-users] re-sending: Turning Off "noindex,nofollow"

Philip Stitt phil at octopusmusic.com
Thu Jan 26 19:34:56 CST 2006

(my first email was garbled, trying again...)

Hi, this is my first post. I’m pretty blown away by the system (amazed
actually), and every thing has gone smoothly so far, except one problem
I’m having: I’d like to have my site set up so that robots follow every
link except edit and history links, including url links (I’m using the
url approval script for external links, by the way). I’ve read
everything I could find on the subject and have tried several things,
but nothing seems to work. I tried using
   Markup('robots', 'directives',
     '/\\(:robots\\s+(\\w[\\w\\s,]*):\\)/e',
     "PZZ(\$GLOBALS['MetaRobots'] = '$1')");
along with (:robots index,follow:) , but that appeared to have no
effect.
I tried changing the “ $MetaRobots, "noindex,nofollow" ” line in
pmwiki.php to “ $MetaRobots, "" ”, but that didn’t work (it made the
pmwiki page show nothing but code).
I also messed with the css (I’m using the pmwiki style sheet), and I
can’t seem to get any results. Is there a way to do this? I’m probably
just missing something, if anyone could point me in the right direction
I’d be grateful – thanks!

Phil