[pmwiki-users] Wildcards in page name matching on pmwiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 25 16:04:06 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 07:44:56PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

> Oh, it might have gotten simpler... I just haven't been following all
> that's been happening. For instance, is it now possible to exclude groups
> from being searched?

I've just activated the code to allow wildcards in pagenames on pmwiki.org.
It also allows individual groups and pages to be excluded.  If everything
works out then this will be in the beta21 release.

Examples:

* All pages in the PmWiki group:

      (:pagelist group=PmWiki :)

* All pages except in the PmWiki group:

      (:pagelist group=-PmWiki :)

* All pages in any group beginning with "PmWiki":

      (:pagelist group=PmWiki* :)

* All pages in any group beginning with PmWiki, except for Chinese:

      (:pagelist group=PmWiki*,-PmWikiZh* :)

* All pages except those named "HomePage":

      (:pagelist name=-HomePage :)

* All pages in the PmCal group with names starting with "2005":

      (:pagelist name=PmCal.2005* :)

Wildcards also work in conditional markup, thus:

    (:if name PmCal.2005* :)
    (:if group PmWiki* :)
    (:if name Profiles.*,-Profiles.Profiles :)

Feel free to experiment with these in the Test group and
WikiSandbox on pmwiki.org.

Questions, comments, suggestions welcome as always.