[pmwiki-users] no editing in History, RecentChanges etc

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 23 16:50:25 CST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 11:28:42PM +0100, Erik Haagensen wrote:
> I want no editing in History, RecentChanges etc and found this advice in the
> FAQ.
>
> ## Require admin password to edit RecentChanges (etc.) pages.
> if ($action=='edit'
>     && preg_match('/\\.(All)?Recent(Changes|Uploads)$/',$pagename))
>   { $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '*'; }
>
> It's now inserted in the config.php - but mentioned pages are still open for
> editing !?

0.  What version of PmWiki are you running?

1.  If you've entered the admin password, you'll be able to edit
    the pages.  Be sure to logout before checking this.

2.  If any of the groups have edit passwords set for the group, then
    those passwords will override the site password.

3.  You might want to instead use:

    if ($action == 'edit'
        && preg_match('/\\.(All)?RecentChanges$/', $pagename))
      $action = 'browse';

    which absolutely prevents editing of RecentChanges, even with
    the admin password.