[pmwiki-users] stylesheet not loading properly using CleanUrl

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jan 22 02:58:58 CST 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 01:27:32AM -0600, Matt Vance wrote:
> I have been wanting to switch to PmWiki version 2.x for a while now. I
> think I've ironed out most of the kinks, but the URL rewriting has been
> holding me back.
>
> Under 1.x, everything was working fine, using the following wiki.html file:
>
>   <?php chdir("/home/myhome/public_html/pmwiki"); include("pmwiki.php"); ?>
>
> I tried changing it to the following:
>
>   <?php chdir("/home/myhome/public_html/pmwiki2x");
> include("pmwiki.php"); ?>
>
> When I then try visiting a /wiki URL, the stylesheet doesn't get loaded
> properly. It still loads fine, if I visit the pmwiki2x/ URL though. What
> am I missing?

You probably need to set an explicit value for $PubDirUrl,
otherwise PmWiki cannot compute one from the /wiki url.

> p.s. - The Cookbook/CleanUrls page gets my vote for the most confusing
> page on the pmwiki.org site. It could really use some editing/rewriting
> from someone who truly understands the intricacies of rewriting.

I agree -- rewriting that page has been on my to-do list for some time.
Part of the issue is that there are so many different ways to accomplish it,
and many people have been adding/revising it with their own "better"
versions and opinions of how they think it ought to be done.