[pmwiki-users] lots of problems when redirecting or rewriting URLs

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:37:00 CST 2006

On 1/17/06, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
> I tried the Alias approach. I put the line in pretty much every location
> on my .htaccess with 500 errors each time.
>
> I checked in /var/log, but there is no apache or apache2 directory. I
> tried writing the rewrite log to the /var/log directory, but I presume
> there is a privs issue as the log file was never created.
>
> So, now I'm back to rewrite. I just have the last step to make.
> From: http://xxx/~nepherim/pmwiki/Main/Homepage
> To:   http://xxx/~nepherim/Main/Homepage

baes upon previous comments, I'm assuming your using an index.php
file. Try putting the index.php file at http://xxx/~nepherim/index.php
which contains:

  <?php
  chdir('pmwiki');
  include('pmwiki.php');

Then make sure your rewrite rules are in the .htacess file in the same
dir as index.php pointing to said index.php. Then, the index.php file
sould include pmwiki/pmwiki.php and run as if its in the pmwiki/
directory.