[pmwiki-users] Handling Favorites-Icon Requests

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Jan 17 16:04:56 CST 2006

At 2006-01-17  02:13 PM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
>What I'm looking for:
>
>    if (the request is for a favorites icon) {
>      do something appropriate instead of redirecting.
>    }
>
>I suppose the most appropriate default behavior would be return a 404 error.
>
>(Maybe, as a recipe, a favorites icon could be returned.)

The best behavior might be to return an icon. If my fading memory is
correct, some browsers try to walk their way up the directory (URL)
tree looking for favicon.

You could probably do some magic with an alias match in Apache - but
you know more about that than me!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/