[pmwiki-users] lots of problems when redirecting or rewriting URLs

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Jan 16 21:47:23 CST 2006

This method didn't work for me. Here's what I used to convert

from: http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage
to:   http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim/pmwiki/Main/HomePage

My pmwiki install is in: http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim/pmwiki/

I created .htaccess in the pmwiki directory:
   Options +FollowSymLinks
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteBase /~nepherim/pmwiki/
   RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^$
   RewriteRule ^/?$ http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim/pmwiki/Main/
[R=permanent,QSA,L]
   RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]

I added/changed config.php:
   $BaseUrl = 'http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim';
   $ScriptUrl = $BaseUrl.'/pmwiki';
   $PubDirUrl = $BaseUrl.'/pmwiki/pub';
   $UploadUrlFmt = $BaseUrl.'/pmwiki/uploads';

I created an index.php inside my pmwiki directory:
   <?php include('pmwiki.php');

*What I'd like to expand this to is the same as Daniel is trying.*

I currently have:
    http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim/pmwiki/Main/HomePage
I'd like to extend this to remove the "pmwiki":
    http://207.210.84.86/~nepherim/Main/HomePage

Anyone have any ideas?

  ~ ~ Dave