[pmwiki-users] Stylesheets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 12 09:09:56 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 08:45:38AM -0600, Little, Charles wrote:
> Hello all-
>
> Just switched from tikiwiki to PmWiki a little bit ago, and I'm very
> impressed with the simplicity and elegance of the architecture.  CSS
> isn't really documented all that well, and I'm trying to do something
> that I can't find documentation on.  I have a site that has different
> WikiGroups.  I want to be able to change the look of each WikiGroup,
> either by the use of themes or just CSS.  I haven't been able to figure
> out how I should approach this.
>
> Could anyone perhaps supply some insight?

There are two primary mechanisms for this:

1.  If you're only wanting to change CSS parameters, then create
    a per-group CSS file in pub/css/Group.css (replace "Group"
    with the name of the group to be customized).  PmWiki will
    automatically insert a <link rel='stylesheet' ... /> tag
    for the Group.css file whenever a page in that group is displayed.

2.  Each WikiGroup can have its own configuration file that can
    set the value of $Skin (and other variables) -- see
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PerGroupCustomizations
    for details.

If neither of those help, let us know and we'll provide more
details.

Welcome to PmWiki!