[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:56:30 CST 2006

On 12/15/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> * Each group can have a default blog trail page; PmWiki's default

Can a blog span groups?

>   setting is "Group.BlogTrail".  (Other candidates:  Group.Blog,
>   Group.BlogList, Group.BlogIndex, Group.ArticleList, others?)
>   The WikiAdministrator can set $BlogTrailFmt to be some other
>   default (e.g., a site-wide index, or blog trails organized by
>   month or year).

Please explain the ways that this will allow and force the front page
and archives work?  For example, is the blog trail meant to be the
front page or the archive?  Or is something that allows those things
to work?

> * An author can use (:blog OtherBlogTrail:) to post the current page
>   to blog trails other than the default.

Meaning that it's easy to cross-post to multiple blogs, correct?

> * When displayed, a page containing a (:blog:) directive
>   automatically receives a blog header and footer, defined
>   either within the blog trail page or by Site.BlogTemplate.

Is this how metadata will be displayed with posts?  (e.g. post title,
creation time/date, author, and so on?)

> * A special-purpose (:bloglist:) directive can be used to display
>   blog entries in a variety of formats.  It's actually the same
>   as (:pagelist:) but has some default settings useful for blogs.

This will be used for multi-post pages, like the front page, archives,
and categories then?  I assume "variety of formats" covers things like
how much of the entry is shown, and the where, how and what of any
metadata shown with it. Can we define our own formats?

Bronwyn