[pmwiki-users] AuthUser/mySQL Feature (prefer alternative) . . .

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 06:31:40 CST 2006

Earlier, I emailed about the timeline for the mySQL extension to
AuthUser. I should say that I actually prefer another feature
more--but it is likely answerable best by a recipe. UserAuth used an
.htpasswd file and had an administrative interface. I can get by using
the Site.AuthUser, but one of the orgs that I support will likely
become very confused by this. Another org that has used UserAuth likes
the admin interface.

So, I suppose I'm reaching out to anybody with the time and
inclination to look into an admin interface to .htpasswd for use with
AuthUser. It would also help if AuthUser was a little more clearly
documented within the code so we could get a better understanding of
the lay of the land--not that I don't mind staring at code until it
makes sense (to me). :-)

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"