[pmwiki-users] pagelist period option

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 16:45:53 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:12:52PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I am exploring at the moment how far right now pmwiki can be
> pushed to become a blogging tool.
>
> The new pagelist order=ctime option is great for this.
> But it still lacks the option to choose a timeframe for the output
> list, like you can with (:if date [date1}..[dat2]:) markup.
> something like (:pagelist order=-ctime period=date1..date2 :)

Unfortunately, "period=..." is a bit ambiguous because it's
not clear if one is talking about the creation time or the
last modification time.  Many people would expect to filter
pages based on the last modification time, not the creation time.

So, the option probably needs to be ctime=date1..date2, which
removes all pages that are outside the named range of dates.
Similarly we can have time=date1..date2 for modification times.

As to when this might be added, it's much more likely that
I'll be adding some sort of extensibility options to
(:pagelist:) that allows admins and recipe writers to insert
custom filter and pagelist generator functions.

> I am only wondering if such changes to pagelist are relatively easy
> and how far in the future that may be.

At the moment, the changes would be relatively easy but too
special-purpose; I'd rather come up with the general-case
solution.  It will probably happen at or around the same time
I implement PmWiki's blogging features; at my current schedule
I'd guess sometime in the next 2-4 weeks.