[pmwiki-users] 2.1.beta18 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 16:01:43 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:50:50PM -0600, Jon Haupt wrote:
>    On 1/10/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>      I think it's definitely something with the Last-Modified: header
>      and $EnableIMSCaching, because it seems to affect only ?action=browse,
>      ?action=diff, and ?action=print.  (Other actions aren't cacheable.)
>      If you can set $EnableDiag=1; on the site, I'm quite certain I can
>      figure out what's happening and come up with a fix.
>
>    Done.

Okay, I'm stumped stumped stumped for the moment.

Can you comment out lines 43-45 in scripts/stdconfig.php?  They
currently read

    if (@$EnableIMSCaching
        && (@$_SERVER['HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE']==$HTTPLastMod))
      { header("HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified"); exit(); }

and I'd like to see what happens when they're commented out, as in:

    # if (@$EnableIMSCaching
    #     && (@$_SERVER['HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE']==$HTTPLastMod))
    #   { header("HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified"); exit(); }

If that causes things to start working, then try uncommenting them
again and replacing the HTTP/1.0 with HTTP/1.1 and let's see what
happens.