[pmwiki-users] Advanced Tables: row colors

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Thu Jan 5 12:50:21 CST 2006

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 01:13:11PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:01:20PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
> > >
> > > No immediate plans for such, although I might be talked into
> > > providing a (:row ...attr...:) markup that sets the attributes for
> > > any rows that follow (similar to what (:table ..attr..:) does for
> > > tables).
> >
> >   While it would look nicer, might authors get confused and
> > think they need to put a row tag at the beginning of each
> > row now?  Alternatively, what happens if they write?
> >
> > (:cell:)
> > (:row:)
> > (:cell:)
> >
> > Is B on a new row?  Is it in its own cell?
>
> Good point.  However, it's hard to say what a "row=" attribute
> would look like in a (:cellnr:) tag, since this attribute would
> have to itself contain other attributes.  So, I'm lost as to
> a good approach for this one at the moment.

What if both the (:cellnr:) and (:table:) directives could
take a |row which would delineate any attributes meant to
be  passed to the current row.

So we might have:

(:table bgcolor=blue |row bgolor=yellow:)

We are in the first cell of the table, this entire row will
be yellow

(:cell:)

Second cell, still yellow bg

(:cellnr:)
Second row, bg is blue since the table bg is blue

(:cellnr bgcolor=red |row bgcolor=green:)

Third row, first cell, my bg is red

(:cell:)

Third row, second cell, my bg is green (row is green)

(:cellnr:)

New row, my bg is back to the table bg, blue

  Any thoughts,

  -Martin