[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org now has PageListTemplates

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Tue Jan 3 18:25:18 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 05:51:05PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I (finally) have a version of PageListTemplates implemented on
> pmwiki.org and that will appear in the next release.  The page
> containing PmWiki's default templates is at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/PageListTemplates .
>
> As before, the fmt= parameter is used to select the output format
> of a page listing.  The following forms are supported:
>
>     (:pagelist fmt=#title:)
>         Use the #title section from Site.PageListTemplates
>
>     (:pagelist fmt=OtherPage#section:)
>         Use [[#section]] from OtherPage
>
>     (:pagelist fmt=OtherPage:)
>         Use the entire contents of OtherPage as the template
>
> PmWiki also provides the following shortcuts (some for compatibility):
>
>     fmt=default        same as "fmt=#default"
>     fmt=bygroup        same as "fmt=#bygroup"
>     fmt=simple         same as "fmt=#simple"
>     fmt=group          same as "fmt=#group"
>     fmt=title          same as "fmt=#title order=title"
>
> If no "fmt=" parameter is given, then PmWiki assumes fmt=default.
>
> Feel free to experiment with additional pagelist templates on pmwiki.org.
> I hope to be making a release in the next 24 hours (there's a fair amount
> of cleanup to do in the code).

  I haven´t used this feature yet so I could be way off, but
has there been any though of making the ´depth´ value of
trails available as a pagevariable when in
pagelisttemplates?  It seems like this might be needed to
convert some of the recipes to the new mechanism along with
some form of a repeat mechanism?

  -Martin