[pmwiki-users] Custom variables in a page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 28 18:33:21 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:09:06PM +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> I have part of my wiki for software distribution[0]. What I'd like to be
> able to do is something like (in shell-like syntax):
> In the GroupHeader:
> prog_version = 0.17
> And then in the pages:
> The current version is ${prog_version}, you can download it here:
> Attach:emusicj-${prog_version}.tar.gz
>
> Basically, a simple string substitution. This way, when I release a new
> version, I can just change the version in one place, and everything
> changes. I can then click on the Attach: link to upload the new version.
>
> Is this possible?

I think you're looking for something along the lines of "page
properties", as described in Cookbook.Properties.  I've indicated in
the past that I'm planning to include a page properties capability
directly in the core, but I'm still working out the implementation
details (and it *will* be different from Cookbook.Properties, which
was designed before page variables were introduced, and was part of
the incentive behind changing the page variables implementation).