[pmwiki-users] wikiforms adds (:title:) option

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Thu Feb 23 09:19:23 CST 2006

John Rankin schrieb:

>On Thursday, 23 February 2006 12:58 AM, noskule at gmx.net wrote:
><snip>
>

>>>Support for non-numeric page names is unlikely to
>>>happen any time soon, but I think the above feature
>>>comes close to the same effect.
>>>
>>>Any questions or comments, let me know.
>>>

>>the question seams to be if  its needed for access the page or to
>>display a title. For example, in the case of a glossary  the use of
>>pagenames would allow  to reference with a common wikilink
>>[[Glossary.PWM]] directly to  the entry in the form. So far I
>>funderstand, this wouldnt be possible with the above solution.
>>grz nos
>>

>I knew you would ask!! You are quite correct but I just cannot
>see a way to make wikiforms work reliably with non-numeric
>page names, without a complete redesign.
>
>However... we *might* be able to do something like this:
>
>Suppose we have a markup rule that picks up markup of the
>form [[Glossary/(.*?)]] -- can we translate the .*? into
>a page number?
>
>If we write Glossary.RecentChanges entries as
>* [[{$FullName} | {$Title}]]
>we might be able to translate [[Glossary/(.*?)]] into
>[[Glossary/nnnnn | (.*?)]] using Glossary.RecentChanges.
>
>This would be faster than reading all the pages in
>Glossary and checking their titles, I think.
>
>We would need to handle the case where Glossary.Text doesn't
>exist, but that should be possible. Clicking the question
>mark should bring up a new entry form, ideally with the
>title field filled in.
>
>I'm not totally certain this can be made to work, and
>there may be a better way... If there is enough interest
>and some willing helpers, we can give it a try.
>
>Before doing any work, we'd need to be sure that this is
>the best solution.

and probably it would make sense to evaluate the usecases of other
users. Like henning sayed. Wikiforms is a very powerfull plugin that
can/could uses for many purposes. So I ugess it needs some thinking to
make the best of it. The glossry was more an example than a concrete
call for a feature (of corse I would love to have a glossary ;-) May we
start first with a call for usecases ?
grz nos