[pmwiki-users] Form attributes array . . .

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:20:54 CST 2006

Unfortuately, the server I would use to reference specifics is down,
so I'm a bit hamstrung in explaining this, but I will plod on.

When using the various (:input text/etc:) form fields, it is possible
to add on attributes that would normally occur in XHTML. However, the
javascript fields are not present. I recently wrote a page for a site
that included some javascript to update a second field (i.e. change
field A, affect field B). However, PmWiki did not recognized onChange,
so it ignored the field.

I took the liberty of finding the array that manages which attributes
are recognized and aren't, which is governed by an
array-which-shall-remain-nameless (because I can't remember it). The
array is populated by SDV(), which, IIRC, only populates when there
are no values. I thought the proper way of populating an array (now)
is SDVA(), which allows the admin to designate a field without
excluding all others. Am I being misled by faulty recollection?

Sorry if this email read a little odd. I watched some of the Monty
Python series that PBS is airing this month, so I'm a bit off in my
writing. Always happens after Python or Shakespeare.

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"