[pmwiki-users] Links to nothing changes cause side effect

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 17:57:28 CST 2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2006, 11:48:09 PM, Patrick wrote:
> If the current page does not exist, we get the same as "NewPage" above:

>     [[{$Name}]]                     class='createlink'
>     [[{$Name}?skin=gemini]]         class='createlink'
>     [[{$Name}?action=diff]]         class='wikilink'    *** was createlink

I think I can live with this now  ;-)
Nothing is broken or requires change, but by adding an ?action=set for
instance to links with queries like setview=... etc the links will
show as wikilinks even if the page does not exist. This will smarten
action-query type links in skins like gemini by eliminating
questionmarks when creating a new page, as well as giving additional
robot control. Good. Thank you!

> This isn't to say that we're stuck with this particular formulation
> for all time -- we may be able to eventually migrate things
> so that any query arguments on a target results in a normal
> wikilink.

Or even a special querylink classname?!

> But I think that compatibility concerns are likely
> to limit us to basing it on "?action" for the time being.  :-|

I understand.
Thank you for all the explanations!

Best,
~Hans