[pmwiki-users] Links to nothing changes cause side effect

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 13:57:47 CST 2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2006, 7:19:07 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Then we might need to handle the case of links to non-existing
> pages with query arguments versus links to existing pages with
> query arguments... (sigh) it all starts to sound overly
> complex to me, especially for what we're trying to solve.

I would be happy if links like [[{$name}?query..]] were classed as
wikilink, as are links to nonexistent pages with query ?action=...
Removing createlinktext from links with queries to nonexistent pages
is really worthwhile. If this has to be restricted to action= queries
so be it, as it has the added advantage of better robot control, which
is worthwhile.

Adding a special class for query links would be great, but no pressing
need. This class should then be the same both for links to existent
and nonexistent pages.

If we don't want links with queries to nonexistent pages be restricted
to ?action=... in order to be classed as wikilink, perhaps multiple
class names can be the answer:
link to nonexistent target with query: class='querylink createlinktext'
link to nonexistent target without query: class='createlinktext'
link to existent target with query: class='querylink wikilink'
link to existent target without query: class='wikilink'

Best,
~Hans